CRISC Exam Preparation
Curriculum: Risk Management||
CRISC Exam Preparation
Duration: 3 Days
An intensive and complete training course to help candidates pass the CRISC™ exam first time, with expert knowledge from leading trainers.
This course prepares delegates to take the CRISC exam, which is not included in the course. This course qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE points.
The ISACA CRISC qualification is awarded to individuals who identify and manage risks through the development, implementation and maintenance of information systems controls. Launched in 2010, CRISC is internationally recognised and held by more than 17,000 IT professionals worldwide.
The CRISC Exam Preparation course is a three-day classroom session that provides a comprehensive revision programme for the key job practice knowledge domains, and exam preparation exercises that help candidates pass the exam at the first attempt. Delivered in just three days, this course has been designed to maximise time effectiveness and reduce any unnecessary time away from the office. It has also been shown to be considerably more effective than self-study preparation, which requires more time and commitment.
The benefits of the CRISC course
• CRISC is a widely recognized certification that marks you as expertise risk professionals.
• CRISC certification gives you an edge over your peers as in career advancements.
• Certification is an evidence of SME knowledge in risk management and assessment.
• The course helps you understand business risk and control topics, and have the technical knowledge to implement appropriate IS controls.
Who should attend this course?
The course can be attended by IT professionals looking to progress themselves in IT and enterprise risk management and positions them to become strategic partners to the enterprise.
• Risk and Security Managers
• IS or Business Analysts
• IS Managers
• Operations Managers
• Information Control Managers
• IT professionals
• Project managers
• Compliance professionals
• Chief Information Security professionals
What does the CRISC course cover?
This course covers the following CRISC job practice domains:
• Domain 1 – Risk Identification
• Domain 2 – Risk Assessment
• Domain 3 – Risk Response and Mitigation
• Domain 4 – Risk and Control Monitoring and Reporting
What’s included in this course?
Our unique study programme includes:
• An initial CRISC knowledge assessment;
• Classroom presentations of key topics;
• Individual/team exercises and discussion sessions; and
• Final exam preparation with example practice questions.
What equipment should I bring?
You are not required to bring any equipment to the course.
The CRISC exam is not included in this training course and candidates must book their computer-based testing exam session directly with ISACA. Our experience shows that delegates have the highest chance of success if they sit the exam approximately two to four weeks after completing the training course. See our dedicated CRISC Campus page for more details.
Requirements for CRISC Certification – 2015 exams and later
• Successful completion of the CRISC examination
• IT risk management and information systems control experience
• Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
• Adherence to the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Policy
What qualifications will I receive?
Candidates who pass the exam and have a minimum of at least 3 years of cumulative work experience performing the tasks of a CRISC professional across at least 2 of the 4 CRISC domains is required for certification. Of these 2 required domains, 1 must be in either Domain 1 or 2.
Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You will have to register, pay and reschedule to the exam on the ISACA Website
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Although there are no prerequisites to attend this course, please be aware that this is an exam preparation course and all attendees are expected to have a basic understanding of the CRISC job practice knowledge domains.
Is there any recommended reading?
The CRISC Review Manual and CRISC Review, Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual are essential for tuition and are used throughout the course. These books are part of the CRISC Exam Passport.