Certified GDPR Practitioner
Curriculum: Data Protection/GDPR||
Certified GDPR Practitioner
Duration: 4 days
The EU GDPR has been in place for over a year and there is still a lack of preparedness for businesses in complying with the GDPR. According to GDPR+1 Year: Business Struggles with Data Privacy Regulations Increasing 79% of organisations are failing to meet the GDPR requirements.
This means businesses are leaving themselves open to face potential fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater. Training all staff in GDPR not only reduces the risk of a data breach it can also be used as evidence that appropriates steps have been put in place to prevent a breach. Article 39 of the GDPR outlines the need for training and staff awareness. Anyone involved in the implementing and maintaining of the GDPR in your organisation should be have Practitioner level training and all staff will need e-learning.
The four-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Practitioner (GDPR) Training Course focuses on the application of the Regulation, how the data protection principles work in practice, the policies and procedures necessary, and practical guidance on how to implement an effective privacy and information security compliance programme.
Who should attend this course?
Managers with responsibility or involvement for making sure their organisations become GDPR compliant, such as:
• Privacy managers;
• Data protection managers;
• Information security managers;
• IT managers;
• Project managers;
• Corporate governance managers;
• Risk and compliance managers;
• General or privacy counsels; and
• Individuals with little experience but who wish to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification.
Why choose this course for your training needs?
• We’re internationally recognised as the authority on GDPR – our team introduced the world’s first certified GDPR Foundation and Practitioner training course and the only one that’s ISO 17024- certificated and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on the GDPR.
• We offer more GDPR training dates and locations that anyone else.
• Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
• Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
• Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
• Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
• Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the GDPR Practitioner training course cover?
The course will cover:
• The role of the data protection officer (DPO).
• What constitutes personal data.
• Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and a personal information management system (PIMS).
• Lessons to be learned from common data security failures.
• The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance.
• The security of personal data.
• An organisational risk management framework.
• Legal requirements for a DPIA.
• How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool.
• Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise.
• The rights of data subjects.
• Giving and withdrawing consent.
• Handling data subject access requests (DSARs).
• The roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them.
• Transferring personal data outside the EU and the mechanisms for compliance.
• How to become GDPR compliant using a compliance gap assessment tool.
What’s included in this course?
• A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
• Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
• FREE data protection impact assessment (DPIA) tool;
• FREE GDPR compliance gap assessment tool;
• The EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation exam; and
• A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course. Our course materials consist of an interactive PDF and the use of an online quiz tool for interactive knowledge testing. You will also need a pop-up enabled laptop on which to sit the exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 09.30 – 17.00
Day 2: 09.15 – 17.00
Day 3: 09.15 – 17.00
Day 4: 09.15 – 17.00
This course is equivalent to 28 CPD/CPE points.
GDPR Practitioner exam
Delegates take the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR F exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
• Delivery method: Online
• Duration: 90 minutes
• Questions: 40
• Format: Multiple choice
• Pass mark: 65%
What qualifications will I receive?
The EU GDPR Practitioner training course supports professional development, and delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualification by IBITGQ. It is also certificated by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B2 and C3.
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
• Provisional exam results will be available immediately after completing the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
• Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
• Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard-copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
We are so confident that you will pass first time that if you don’t we will train you again for free.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Before joining this course, you must have knowledge of the EU GDPR and have passed the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation examination.