Certified GDPR Foundation
Curriculum: Data Protection/GDPR||
Certified GDPR Foundation
The EU GDPR has been in place for over a year and there is still a lack of preparedness for businesses in complying with the GDPR. According to GDPR+1 Year: Business Struggles with Data Privacy Regulations Increasing 79% of organisations are failing to meet the GDPR requirements.
This means businesses are leaving themselves open to face potential fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater. Training all staff in GDPR not only reduces the risk of a data breach it can also be used as evidence that appropriates steps have been put in place to prevent a breach. Article 39 of the GDPR outlines the need for training and staff awareness. All members of a compliance and risk team should at a minimum have foundation knowledge of GDPR and all staff will need e-learning.
The one-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (GDPR) Training Course provides a comprehensive overview of the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations of any size. The course is a stepping stone to the Certified EU GDPR Practitioner course.
Delivered by an experienced privacy consultant, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards, such as ISO 27001.
The course will give you a clear understanding of the main elements of the GDPR, with the ability to gain a deeper understanding by asking the trainer questions during the training.
You will also benefit from outstanding courseware that includes a detailed learner guide that you keep.
Who should attend this course?
• Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their organisation.
• All those employed in a risk or compliance department
• Information security managers
• IT managers
• Data analysts
• Project Managers
• General or privacy counsels
• Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.
Why choose this course for your training needs?
• We’re internationally recognised as the authority on GDPR – our team introduced the world’s first certified GDPR Foundation and Practitioner training course and the only one that’s ISO 17024- certificated and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on the GDPR.
• We offer more GDPR training dates and locations that anyone else.
• Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
• Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
• Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
• Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
• Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
The course will cover:
• Bands of penalties and range of awards for breaches
• Lawfulness of processing and consent
• The six data protection principles
• Special categories of personal data
• The rights of data subjects, including data access requests
• Controllers and processors
• Data protection by design
• Securing personal data
• Reporting data breaches
• How to perform a data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
• The role of the data protection officer (DPO)
• Transferring personal data outside the EU
• Certification against GDPR
• The powers of supervisory authorities
• Lead supervisory authorities
• The role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
What’s included in this course?
• A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
• Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
• The EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation exam; and
• A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course. Our course materials consist of an interactive PDF and the use of an online quiz tool for interactive knowledge testing.
You will also need a pop-up enabled laptop on which to sit the exam.
GDPR Foundation training exam
Delegates take the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR F exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
• Delivery method: Online
• Duration: 60 minutes
• Questions: 40
• Format: Multiple choice
• Pass mark: 65%
What qualifications will I receive?
The course supports professional development, and delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR Foundation (EU GDPR F) qualification by IBITGQ. It is also certificated by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B2 and C3.
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
• Provisional exam results will be available immediately after completing the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
• Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
• Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard-copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
We are so confident that you will pass first time that if you don’t we will train you again for free.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites for sitting this course.
Is there any pre-reading?
The short pre-read for this course is included with your course materials and will be available 20 days prior to your course start date.
We also recommend you purchase and read the EU GDPR, A Pocket Guide, Second Edition.