Certified Data Protection Officer (C-DPO)
Curriculum: Data Protection/GDPR||
Sub-Category: Data Protection
Certified Data Protection Officer (C-DPO) Training
Duration: 4 Days
Gain the knowledge and skills to enable you to fulfil the DPO (data protection officer) role under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) with this four-day certificated training course.
Achieve the C-DPO Provisional Level qualification (ISO 17024-certificated). Exam included in course. The course qualifies for 28 CPD/CPE points.
More extensive in scope and application than the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the EU GDPR extends the data rights of individuals, and requires organisations to develop clear policies and procedures to protect personal data, and adopt appropriate technical and organisational measures. UK organisations have had to comply with the Regulation since 25 May 2018, or potentially face fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater.
Under the GDPR, many organisations are obliged to appoint a data protection officer to monitor data protection in the organisation. The four-day Certified Data Protection Officer Masterclass Training Course equips participants with the knowledge and operational skills to act as a DPO in the UK and ensure that GDPR compliance is effectively designed, implemented and maintained.
The benefits of the C-DPO Masterclass training course
Delivered by an experienced privacy consultant, this training covers the role of the DPO and how it fits in with other departments of the organisation. Using practical examples and exercises, delegates will learn how to conduct the DPO role during data protection impact assessments, data subject access requests and other obligations.
What does the C-DPO Masterclass training course cover?
The course will cover:
• The legal background of the GDPR, intersection with the PECR, with freedom of information legislation, the Law Enforcement Directive and member state implementation approaches.
• The requirements in respect to the appointment of a DPO, the requirements placed on the DPO, and on the controller or processor.
• You will understand and be able to carry out the responsibility to inform and advise controllers or processors of their GDPR obligations.
• You will be able to demonstrate key training skills, in order to better ‘inform and advise’.
• How to monitor compliance with the GDPR.
• The role of the DPO in relation to liaison with data subjects and with the supervisory authorities.
• The DPO’s role in awareness-raising and staff training.
• All aspects of the processing of personal data.
• The purpose of data inventories, data flow mapping, the records of processing required by Article 30.
• The requirements around Data Subject Access Requests and the DPO’s role in facilitating them.
• The DPO’s role in incident management and response and in data breach reporting.
• When and how to carry out a DPIA.
• The trans-border data processing requirements, particularly in relation to cloud service providers.
What’s included in this course?
Course materials, lunch and the exam are all included in this course.
What equipment should I bring?
You will be sent the course materials in advance of the course, so please bring them with you, as well as a pop-up enabled laptop or tablet on which to sit the exam.
C-DPO Masterclass exam
Attendees take the online C-DPO exam at the end of the course – a four-hour exam set by IBITGQ consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions. There is no extra charge for this exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
The course supports professional development, and delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated C-DPO Provisional qualification by IBITGQ.
In order to get the C-DPO Professional level qualification by IBITGQ, you must prove 24 months DPO work experience and 100 CPD learning hours.
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
Provisional exam results will be given immediately after completing the exam, confirmed results will be issued within 10 working days with your certificate to your email address.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Before joining this course, you must have knowledge of the EU GDPR and have passed the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation examination.
Please make sure you revise the topics covered in the course before attending the C-DPO Masterclass, as topics will not be revisited but may be included in the exam. .
Is there any recommended reading?
We would recommend purchasing one or more of the following:
• EU GDPR Implementation and Compliance Guide
• Information Security Breaches
• The True Cost of Information Security Breaches and Cyber Crime