Positive Psychology at Work - Enhance Performance using Positive Psychology
Curriculum: Personal Impact & Effectiveness||
Sub-Category: Personal Effectiveness
Positive Psychology at Work – Enhancing Performance Using Positive Psychology
Course duration: 1 day.
Flourishing people make for flourishing organisations. Positive psychology builds motivation, psychological capital, resilience and well-being – all ingredients of a high-performing organisation.
This one-day course provides an introduction and overview of positive psychology, the science of optimal functioning and its application in the workplace. It will equip you with knowledge to build a positive organisation and provide you with tools you can use for yourself and with your co-workers. You will discover how to increase and enhance performance, energy and engagement by integrating positive psychology into your professional practice.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for managers, consultants and HR professionals interested in using the practical application of positive psychology to build motivation, well-being and a positive, strengths-based workplace.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Understand key models in the science of flourishing
• Apply the strengths approach
• Appreciate the benefits of positivity for performance
• Use optimistic thinking strategies to build resilience
• Know how to enhance motivation & meaning at work
You will need to take a strengths test ahead of the course and bring your top 5 results to the training. The preferred choice is the VIA-IS which takes 30 minutes to complete (available free-of-charge from www.viame.org). Alternatively Realise 2 or StrengthsFinder.
What will it cover?
The Science of Flourishing
• The PERMA model – Positivity, Engagement, Relationships, Meaning & Achievement
• Psychological Capital – Hope, Efficacy, Resilience & Optimism (HERO)
• Change processes – Appreciative Inquiry (AI) & coaching
What is the Strengths Approach?
• Strengths are your talents & positive qualities – your inner resources
• Focus on strengths over weaknesses to maximise performance and growth
• How working to strengths increases engagement and well-being
The Benefits of Positivity for Performance
• How positivity facilitates greater openness, innovation and productivity
• Positivity broadens thinking and action repertoires and builds resources
• Increased positivity enhances performance and well-being
• The key to flourishing is a ‘positivity ratio’ of 3:1 positive to negative emotions
Optimism & Resilience
• How optimism fuels success and well-being
• The ABCDE of optimistic thinking
• Building resilience – ingredients that enable you to bounce back
Motivation & Meaning at Work
• Intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation
• The three fundamental needs – autonomy, competence and relatedness
• Is it a job, a career or a calling? Meaning at work
• Crafting your work for increased meaning
Further courses to consider
Working Positively and with Resilience for Business Professionals