ISO 45001:2018 Migration and Auditor Migration
Curriculum: Health & Safety||
Sub-Category: ISO 45001
ISO 45001:2018 Migration and Auditor Migration Training Course
2 Day Course
Are you an OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal or Lead Auditor who wants to develop the expertise to audit an ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OH&S)? This course is ideal for existing auditors as it combines the 1-day 'ISO 45001 Migration' course with an additional day of auditing activities. You'll learn how ISO 45001 is different to OHSAS 18001:2007, and apply this practically in order to build your ISO 45001 auditing skill.
Essential information about the course
ISO 45001 is the world’s first ISO management system standard for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S). Its focus on risk prevention, innovation and continual improvement will benefit organizations with the foresight to achieve this global standard through increased organizational resilience. Suitable for organizations large or small and in any industry, it will replace the widely implemented BS OHSAS 18001.
If you are involved as either an internal auditor or as a lead auditor for a BS OHSAS 18001 management system and planning your migration to ISO 45001, then this course is for you.
This high-impact, practical course combines our 1-day ‘ISO 45001 Migration’ course with an additional day of auditing activities. You will learn about the High Level Structure (HLS) upon which most new ISO management system standards are based, and how to apply the new standard practically in order to build your ISO 45001 auditing skills.
Who should attend?
OHSAS 18001:2007 Internal and Lead Auditors who need to migrate to ISO 45001
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
• Explain the purpose and use of Annex SL Appendix 2 and describe a generic management system
• Communicate the new requirements relating to: Context, Leadership, Planning, Support and Operation, in Annex SL Appendix 2
• Identify the main terms and definitions in ISO 45001 which differ from OHSAS 18001:2007
• Communicate OH&S specific requirements in ISO 45001 that differ from OHSAS 18001:2007
• Plan an audit to ISO 45001:
• Establish that the scope and criteria for an audit are appropriate
• Prepare an on-site audit plan that is appropriate to the organization's context and processes
• Conduct ISO 45001 audits:
• Demonstrate the ability to collect and verify appropriate audit evidence, including appropriate sampling
• Develop your ISO 45001 auditing skill:
• Demonstrate the ability to manage meetings and audit interviews effectively with top management
• Demonstrate the ability to follow audit trails with top management
Our full course agenda helps you understand what to expect:
• Course aims, objectives and structure
• Annex SL – Appendix 2 introduction and framework
• Annex SL – Appendix 2 terms and definitions
• Annex SL – Appendix 2 clause by clause
• Annex SL – Appendix 2 v ISO 45001 clause structure
• ISO 45001 - Key perspectives, principles, emerging developments, terms and definitions
• Comparison between OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001 and roles
• Summary of key changes
• ISO 45001 timeline and further information
• Auditing approach/questions when assessing 4.1/2
• Case study and audit planning
• Interviewing Top Management – Scope and participation, and Clause 5.1
• Interviewing Worker’s Representative – Participation and consultation
• Audit approach - Processes needed to address risks and opportunities
• Interviewing a Human Resources Manager – Communications
• Interviewing a Procurement Manager – Outsourcing and contractors
• Auditing approach/questions when assessing outsourcing (8.3)
• Interviewing Top Management – Culture and audit findings from earlier evidence/audit trails
• Audit approach – Continual improvement processes and outputs (10.3)
• Review and final questions
This is the course for you if:
• You are an BS OHSAS 18001 Internal or Lead Auditor who need to migrate to ISO 45001
• You already have a deep understanding of OHSAS 18001
What is the course like?
• Two days long
• Led by a BSI expert tutor
• Relaxed and comfortable learning environment
• You will receive course notes to take away
How will I benefit?
• Identify the key differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
• Prepare, conduct, and develop skills for an ISO 45001 audit
• Find out about BSI migration arrangements
• Develop professionally
• Network with like minded peers
• Detailed course notes and lunch provided
• On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate