ISO 45001 Implementing Changes
Curriculum: Health & Safety||
Sub-Category: ISO 45001
BSI Training Academy ISO 45001 Implementing Changes training course
1 day course
What is it?
ISO 45001 is the world’s first ISO management system standard for Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S). Its focus on risk prevention, innovation and continual improvement will benefit organizations with the foresight to achieve this global standard through increased organizational resilience. Suitable for organizations large or small and in any industry, it is intended to replace the widely implemented BS OHSAS 18001.
If you are involved in the planning, implementing, or supervision of an ISO 45001 management system, then this course will help you to understand the key differences between BS OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 from an
implementation perspective. You will learn how to create an action plan so that you can implement the new standard using good practice guidance. To get the most from this course, delegates should have already attended our three hour ISO 45001 migration seminar or our one day migration course.
This one day course is packed with practical activities, group discussion, and classroom learning to help you retain the knowledge to implement an effective OH&S management system. You will also learn what implementation of ISO 45001 could look like through examples which will be provided in a useful toolkit.
Who should attend?
• Those involved in the planning, implementing or supervising of an ISO 45001 migration
• You should already be familiar with the differences in requirements between OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001 by attending either the ISO 45001 Seminar or Migration courses.
• Welcome and introductions
• Course aims, objectives and structure
• Refresh on the differences
• Overall project management process
• Documented information differences and process requirements
• Gap analysis – documented information and processes
• Processes needed to address risks and opportunities
• Annex SL and high level structure (HLS) reminder
• Gap analysis – Annex SL Appendix 2
• Determine your context
• Organizational culture
• Leadership and commitment
• Gap analysis - clauses 4-6 (discipline specific differences)
• Risks and opportunities to the OH&S MS
• Formal risk assessment and risk treatment
• Gap analysis - clauses 7-10 (discipline specific differences)
• Implementation considerations
• Continual improvement objectives and processes
• ISO 45001 timeline
• Reflection/course review and questions
• Make sure this is the right course for you.
You will learn about:
• Specific new implementation requirements and factors to consider when implementing them
• Using gap analysis to conduct a baseline review of your current system
• Changes and additions needed to your existing systems
• What implementation could look like through examples provided in a toolkit.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
• Understand the key differences between OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 45001 from an implementation perspective
• Identify what needs to be revised in your current management system
• Create an action plan that you can apply immediately
• Implement key differences using good practice guidance
• Find out about migrating your certification with BSI
This is the course for you if:
• You have already attended our three hour ISO 45001 migration seminar, or our one day migration course
• You are/will be involved in the planning, implementing, or supervising of an ISO 45001 migration
• You already have a good understanding of OHSAS 18001
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll receive an internationally recognized BSI certificate.